The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free
As the mom of four tall people, I’ve bought a lot of cell phones. The first one I bought came in a bag and required a special antennae installed in my car, circa 1992.
I’ve had brick phones and flip phones and smart phones. Some of them are still around here somewhere in a drawer.
Imagine my surprise after twenty-plus years of paying my dues to have an amazing phone, my teens had cell phones just as nice as mine? These days, there’s no reason not to. Now you just need to choose between which awesome features you want.
So, this week I took my daughter to Best Buy to check out the new LG G4 smart phone, from LG USA Mobile. You can look at it here on the Best Buy site.
Behold, the stats!
There are three things that make the new LG G4 smartphone – the camera, the display and the design. Below are the key messaging points for each of those items…
• f/1.8 aperture for impressive performance in low light situations. Your food pictures on Instagram have never looked better. For real.
• Manual mode with 15 settings and over 135 options for photo enthusiast level control over how photos are captured. I might actually use this. A great feature for people with DSLR skills.
• Improved Laser Auto Focus so you’re always ready to capture the moment. I know I’m tired of blurry pictures.
• 16MP rear facing camera and an 8MP front facing camera for high quality photos and selfies. Up your selfie game!
• Improved Optical Image Stabilization steadies the shot for sharp, focused images.
• RAW image file capture for the highest possible image quality
• Cutting edge 5.5” IPS Quantum Display for an outstanding visual experience. I was impressed with the screen when I held the phone in my hand in person.
• 25% brighter display* for an enhanced viewing experience in various lighting conditions.
• 50% improvement in contrast* for richer images
• Quad HD resolution with 538 PPI for incredible detail
• Genuine leather, metallic and ceramic style back covers for a premium look and feel. I held two different phones. The leather one was my favorite. It gave the phone a real luxurious feel in the hand.
• Fits in the palm of your hand with a gentle curved design for ergonomic comfort. After holding some other, bigger phones, the LG 4G fit perfectly in my hand.
• Upgradable memory up to 2TB with micro SD card and a replaceable high capacity 3,000mAh battery. A replaceable battery is something my current phone lacks. I tell you, your phone life is limited by the life of your battery. After a while, the battery won’t hold a charge for as long. Changing to a new battery gives new life to your phone if you like to hang on to them for a while.
Visit your Best Buy to see this phone for yourself. At my store, they are still giving away a $100 Best Buy gift card with purchase, but I know this is a limited offer.