I think Father’s Day went pretty well.
Here are some tips to file away for next year:
- Just for this one day, BACON at all three meals.
- And no green vegetables.
- No power tools, unless he asks for them. Only fair, considering my “Don’t you dare give me a present that plugs in and/or cleans something” rule.
- Give in on the No-Star-Wars-sheets thing and go to Pottery Barn Kids and buy him a pillowcase. Try not to think about it at night.
|Darth Vader watches you sleep.|
- Don’t even think about touching the remote today, lady. You will watch war movies, John Wayne marathons and hours of the Military Channel, and you will say nothing.
- Be grateful and stuff. Frankly, I’m surprised the guy comes back from work every day.
- Tell him he’s the best dad ever, because he is.
To be clear, he never asked for Star Wars sheets. It was always a joke between us. But he didn’t turn his nose up at it either!